‘Tis the season to make resolutions. While I’m not one for resolutions I do like lists and checking things off of said lists. I also like skiing. So here is a list about skiing. Some items will change, some are givens, some I’ve added simply to check off the list.
- Ski outside of Colorado. I haven’t skied outside of Colorado since Evan and I went to Jackson Hole in 2008. Don’t get me wrong, I love it here and we have lots of options and lots of snow, but so do other places.
- Call in sick for a powder day. I’m already working on my cough.
- Ski bell to bell. I’m talking first chair to last, lunch on the lift, a full-on get after it day.
- More backcountry. This has been on the mental list for a few season, but is always snow conditions permitting. Safety first, friends.
- Take a lesson or clinic. I’ve skied since I was a youngster but have never-ever taken a lesson.
- Huck more. Jumping off things and landing in big poofs of powder looks so fun. I would like to do it more.
- Ski on opening day. Been there. Done that. Got a mug.
- Picnic lunch at Loveland. Pack a lunch and eat it in one of the on-mountain lodges at Loveland.
- Ski with my family. I skied two days with my whole family after Christmas. I wish I could do it more often.
- Night ski. Either backcountry or at a resort at least once in the season. I did a ton of night skiing growing up. It is cold, but fun.
- Snowboard. I really would like to be tri-slidable, so I need to start learning. I think giving snowboarding another shot is a must.
- Document. Take more photos and videos while skiing. Maybe a little camera courage will help out item no. 6.
- Ride in a snowcat. To ski, on a night grooming session, or just for the scenery.
- Visit 15 ski areas. With 25 in Colorado and a goal of skiing outside the state this should be easy-peasy. Current count: 5
What’s currently on your bucket list? Skiing or otherwise.